Страницы

понедельник, 4 января 2016 г.

Hit parade of funny English mistakes


Today is the day of hit parades.
The word 'hit parade' has two meanings:
1. listing of popular songs ranked according to their popularity.
2. any listing of popular or favorite persons or things. 
And we usually use this word when we talk about music. But I want to talk with you about funny English mistakes that we all often make even without paying attention to ( and even native speakers make them:) )
So let's create our own hit parade of funny English mistakes!;)
No Exception please- kill us :P
Sign in a gym.
This list can be endless. And I'm pretty sure that you can find even more mistakes in the Internet. As we can see all these mistakes have different reasons of being made - some of them are made because of bad spelling, some are made because of bad grammar knowledge and, of course, don't forget about the mistakes that we make by chanсe, so called typos. 
But always remember 
And if to be serious pay attention to your language skills and develop them with the help of  special training exercises
Here is the list of common students' mistakes

Incorrect form
Correct form
1
I went to somewhere
I went_somewhere
2
I phoned to him
I phoned_him
3
I came to home
I came_home
4
I went to holiday
I went on holiday
5
To influence on smth
To influence_smth
6
It depends from smth
It depends on smth
7
Discuss about smth
Discuss_smth
8
In last week
_Last week
9
In Monday
On Monday
10
In 5 o’clock
At 5 o’clock
11
In the weekend
At the weekend
12
Childrens, peoples, mans, womans
Children, people, men, women
13
A lot of advices
A lot of advice
14
am agree
I_agree
15
I_tired
am tired
16
It’s mean that
It means that
17
I_afraid / I don’t afraid
am afraid / I am not afraid
18
very much like it
I like it very much
19
He said what
He said that
20
haven’t a car
don’t have a car / I haven’t got a car
21
If the weather will be fine, we’ll go for a walk
If the weather is fine, we’ll go for a walk
22
I feel myself fine
I feel_fine
23
forgot my book at work
left my book at work
24
It’s often rain
It often rains
25
How are you? – I am good
How are you? – I am well / fine
26
How are you doing? – I am doing nothing
How are you doing? – I am well / fine
27
What is the weather like today? – Yes, I like it
What is the weather like today? – The weather is fine today
28
English needs me for my job
I need English for my job
29
These new shoes like me
I like these new shoes
30
I am interesting
I am interested in it
31
I am boring
I am bored
32
I am scary
I am scared
33
I went to the magazine
I went to the shop
34
I very like this book.
I like this book very much
To be continued… J
Many thanks to all people who have shared  all these mistakes with us. And if you know some interesting information on this topic, just share it with us, too.
Remember that mistakes help us to be better! Good luck!;)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий